No Strings
I was reading one of my favorite bloggers and he was describing a moment he had where he reflected on what it felt like to be FREE, and how much he was MISSING that feeling. Reminded me of Ella Fitzgerald's song No Strings (Fancy Free). I used to play this song on Sunday mornings when I was feeling good. I miss that feeling of euphoria and happiness. I think I am on the way back to it, so in the meantime, while I wait for it to reach me, I will play Ella, to speed things up a bit, and make me smile while getting there.
This song captures a little bit of how being free can be so so sweet.
I know I sound OLD as hell, but WHY DON'T THEY MAKE SONGS LIKE THIS ANYMORE!?
I was so busy ranting about Mismedicated, that I failed to mention what else made me do the gas face that night. When I was at VIBE FEST last weekend, walking around, looking cute as I wanna be... I run into the missing FIREMAN. I locked eyes with him and he just sort of stared at me, of course, he said nothing. I didn't either. I thought about it, but really, what could I say? I just shook my head and kept on moving. It felt odd, him standing there, me walking by, us pretending to be perfect strangers. My friends really helped me laugh things off. One guy I was with, said he would walk back and stop in front of him, and get down on 1 knee and pseudo -propose to me. LOL..I passed but that was hilarious just thinking about what he would do if we actually did that.
It's weird because when I first met Fireman, I knew that he wasn't exactly the type I had dated before. I remember telling my old roomate, "I have grown accustomed to his face" *shaking my head*...What kind of backwards shyt is that? I mean he had this thing...well I will say, I called him NO NECK for a long time. LOL. It was so so wrong, I know. But it was really his personality (which in retrospect was really his bullshit artistry) and his total adoration of me that kept me interested. What girl doesn't like to be worshipped and put on a pedastal (yea that ego of mine gets me in hot water too much).
Why is it that people become so damn unattractive after things go sour between you two? I looked at him and was like WTF was I thinking!? It's like when you meet someone that is not so hot, and as you get to know them, they become more appealing and more handsome, till BOOM, they are FINE. Well, yea, same thing happens in reverse when you get to know someone, they become reasonably attractive, and they act an ASS, and they get reduced to troll status. It is completely psychological, I know this but STILL, WTF was I thinking!? LOL. I suppose it shows a bit of maturity that I can by-pass looks to give men a chance. Hell the pretty boys get on my frickin nerves, so I wanted to be more open-minded with dating. I think I will still be open to dating guys based on personality, but I can't get so caught up on the "adoration" factor that I overlook when they are playing games either. It doesn't matter what you look like, if you are shady, then you will show that in 90 DAYS, like Tazzee always says. Time will reveal all.
Well, what bothers me most about Fireman, is that I don't like NOT being friends (or civil) with guys I used to date. He is on the short list of fellas who I was involved with that I will never ever, EVER call. Such a waste, so unnecessary. Ah well. At least I was cute when he saw me! LOL. That's what REALLY matters, right?
I wake up every morning with a smile on my face- No Strings (Fancy Free) by Ella Fitzgerald
Everything in its place as it should be
I start out every morning just as free as the breeze
My cares upon the shelf
Because I find myself with
No strings and no connections
No ties to my affections
I'm fancy free and free for anything fancy
No dates that can't be broken
No words that can't be spoken
Especially when I am feeling romancy
Like a robin upon a tree
Like a sailor that goes to sea
Like an unwritten melody
I'm free, that's me
So
Bring on the big attraction
My decks are cleared for action
I'm fancy free and free for anything fancy
This song captures a little bit of how being free can be so so sweet.
I know I sound OLD as hell, but WHY DON'T THEY MAKE SONGS LIKE THIS ANYMORE!?
I was so busy ranting about Mismedicated, that I failed to mention what else made me do the gas face that night. When I was at VIBE FEST last weekend, walking around, looking cute as I wanna be... I run into the missing FIREMAN. I locked eyes with him and he just sort of stared at me, of course, he said nothing. I didn't either. I thought about it, but really, what could I say? I just shook my head and kept on moving. It felt odd, him standing there, me walking by, us pretending to be perfect strangers. My friends really helped me laugh things off. One guy I was with, said he would walk back and stop in front of him, and get down on 1 knee and pseudo -propose to me. LOL..I passed but that was hilarious just thinking about what he would do if we actually did that.
It's weird because when I first met Fireman, I knew that he wasn't exactly the type I had dated before. I remember telling my old roomate, "I have grown accustomed to his face" *shaking my head*...What kind of backwards shyt is that? I mean he had this thing...well I will say, I called him NO NECK for a long time. LOL. It was so so wrong, I know. But it was really his personality (which in retrospect was really his bullshit artistry) and his total adoration of me that kept me interested. What girl doesn't like to be worshipped and put on a pedastal (yea that ego of mine gets me in hot water too much).
Why is it that people become so damn unattractive after things go sour between you two? I looked at him and was like WTF was I thinking!? It's like when you meet someone that is not so hot, and as you get to know them, they become more appealing and more handsome, till BOOM, they are FINE. Well, yea, same thing happens in reverse when you get to know someone, they become reasonably attractive, and they act an ASS, and they get reduced to troll status. It is completely psychological, I know this but STILL, WTF was I thinking!? LOL. I suppose it shows a bit of maturity that I can by-pass looks to give men a chance. Hell the pretty boys get on my frickin nerves, so I wanted to be more open-minded with dating. I think I will still be open to dating guys based on personality, but I can't get so caught up on the "adoration" factor that I overlook when they are playing games either. It doesn't matter what you look like, if you are shady, then you will show that in 90 DAYS, like Tazzee always says. Time will reveal all.
Well, what bothers me most about Fireman, is that I don't like NOT being friends (or civil) with guys I used to date. He is on the short list of fellas who I was involved with that I will never ever, EVER call. Such a waste, so unnecessary. Ah well. At least I was cute when he saw me! LOL. That's what REALLY matters, right?
Add a comment