I Cannot Live Without Books
- Thomas Jefferson said it..and I concur!
Thanks Cee for tagging me with a cool meme!
Total Number of Books Owned:
Since I just moved, I can only estimate that the 8 boxes of books (hardcover, because I am a not practical when it comes to book purchases) add up to over 100 books. I will find out when my lazy tale unpacks them this week.
Last book(s) I bought:
Textbook for classes (snore) –
Instant Notes in Bioinformatics
Developing Bioinformatics Computer Skills: An Introduction to Software Tools for Biological Applications
Last book I read (leisure): Babylon Sisters by Pearl Cleage (awesome!)
Current book I am reading: (for leisure) I copped The Hamptons to read on the cruise, straight left it on the counter. I am going to try and get to it next weekend (taking classes this summer too).. can't wait!
Fiction or Non-Fiction:
Fiction
First book I read:
According to mom, the Bible. I really think it was Good Night, Moon.
Most read book:
Ain’t I A Woman? by bell hooks
Largest Impact:
I think I have 2 that equally impacted my life:
The Bible
Bullet Proof Diva
Favorite Scholarly Book:
Race Matters by Cornel West
Sexiest Book:
Sexual Healing by Jill Nelson (aside from the girl on girl action scenes, I could easily place myself in the steamy chapters)
Biggest Disappointment:
The Hand I Fan With by TINA MCELROY ANSA. (sexing a brutha in the spirit world?!..really?!)
Five Books that Mean Something to me:
The Bible
Willow Weep for Me: A Black Woman's Journey through Depression by Meri Danquah
Why I Love Black Women by Michael Eric Dyson
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
I always forget to tag somebody else (LOL!)
Beloved
Kendeezy
Mommy2be
Thanks Cee for tagging me with a cool meme!
Total Number of Books Owned:
Since I just moved, I can only estimate that the 8 boxes of books (hardcover, because I am a not practical when it comes to book purchases) add up to over 100 books. I will find out when my lazy tale unpacks them this week.
Last book(s) I bought:
Textbook for classes (snore) –
Instant Notes in Bioinformatics
Developing Bioinformatics Computer Skills: An Introduction to Software Tools for Biological Applications
Last book I read (leisure): Babylon Sisters by Pearl Cleage (awesome!)
Current book I am reading: (for leisure) I copped The Hamptons to read on the cruise, straight left it on the counter. I am going to try and get to it next weekend (taking classes this summer too).. can't wait!
Fiction or Non-Fiction:
Fiction
First book I read:
According to mom, the Bible. I really think it was Good Night, Moon.
Most read book:
Ain’t I A Woman? by bell hooks
Largest Impact:
I think I have 2 that equally impacted my life:
The Bible
Bullet Proof Diva
Favorite Scholarly Book:
Race Matters by Cornel West
Sexiest Book:
Sexual Healing by Jill Nelson (aside from the girl on girl action scenes, I could easily place myself in the steamy chapters)
Biggest Disappointment:
The Hand I Fan With by TINA MCELROY ANSA. (sexing a brutha in the spirit world?!..really?!)
Five Books that Mean Something to me:
The Bible
Willow Weep for Me: A Black Woman's Journey through Depression by Meri Danquah
Why I Love Black Women by Michael Eric Dyson
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
I always forget to tag somebody else (LOL!)
Beloved
Kendeezy
Mommy2be
Add a comment