web statistics

« Home | Back in the Saddle » | Will U Wait 4 Me? » | Vagina Logic » | I GOT TAGGED » | Hitch This! » | Love, Sex & Eating The Bones » | Weekend Scene From A Diva - Take 2 » | Drama Becomes Her » | The Learning Curve » | Definition of a Bullet Proof Diva » 

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 

I Wish Music Could Adopt Me!

Still feeling like shit soup...but my girl Golden put me down for a music meme. Gotta love that music!

What is the total volume of musical files on your computer?

Thanks to Elle, I also own a Sony Mini-Disc Recorder (named mine Maxwell, of course)
itunes - 2.7 GB.

What song are you listening to right now?·
Maxwell – Symptom Unknown (from the Now Album)

Last CD I bought?
Miles Davis – Love Songs – replaced this cd because it was a casualty of my recent move.
Dwele – Subject - I am way behind on new music purchase, so I am a downloading diva

Five songs you listen to a lot and which mean something to you:
If It Wasn’t For Your Love – Heather Headley –Like Golden, If I ever get married this is the song I want played at my wedding. The lyrics are just how I would feel because it will HAVE to be love to get my ass down the aisle…not gonna jump the broom just for good sex or wealth/ money or to treat baby fever..hell naw.

Daughters – John Mayer – Reminds me how blessed I am to have the parents that I have

No Weapon - Fred Hammond & Radical for Christ – Sometimes l really feel like a warrior and this song reminds me that I am covered by the blood of Jesus!

I Keep – Jill Scott –I absolutely hate to cry, and this song reminds me that I can/should when I need to.

Break You Off- The Roots – umm since its been SOO long since anybody has…I spin this to imagine that its about to go down! (LOL!)



Edit: That ole saying "better late then never " just ain't gonna cut it this time? It is ri-damn-diculous how we have to wait for justice sometimes!

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The FBI on Wednesday exhumed the body of a black teenager killed in a Mississippi lynching 50 years ago, hoping to shed light on an unsolved crime that symbolized the raw history of race relations in America.
A burial vault with a casket containing the body of Emmett Till was unearthed with the help of a backhoe beneath a white tent over his grave site. Family members held a brief prayer service there beforehand inside a quiet suburban cemetery near Chicago.

In the summer of 1955 Till was 14 and living in Chicago when he visited relatives in Mississippi, then the very heart of the segregated Old South. He allegedly whistled at and talked to a white woman in a store, for which he was kidnapped and killed.

His battered body turned up in the Tallahatchie River near Money, Mississippi, weighed down by a cotton gin fan tied with barbed wire to his neck. He appeared to have been tortured and shot.

Two white men, one of them married to the woman with whom Till allegedly flirted, were charged with his killing but acquitted by an all-white Mississippi jury.

The men later described in a magazine interview how they had beaten Till but the two could not be tried again because they had been acquitted.

Both are now dead but a recent documentary, "The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till," by New York filmmaker Keith Beauchamp, turned up witnesses to the crime who indicated several people were involved.

The FBI is looking for evidence to see if its possible to still bring charges at the state level. It was not clear, however, what the exhumation would accomplish beyond proving that the body is that of Till, and some experts have said it was likely to yield little else. No autopsy was ever performed.

In announcing its investigation a year ago the U.S. Justice Department said it had received new information and wanted to determine if any prosecutions were still possible in Mississippi.

At the time one official called the Till case a "grotesque miscarriage of justice" that still "stands at the crossroads of the American civil rights movement."

Till's burial vault was placed on a flatbed truck, covered with a blue tarp, and hauled away to the Cook County morgue for an examination.

After his death Till's mother, Mamie Till Mobley, ordered her son's disfigured face displayed in an open coffin in Chicago. She died in 2003 and was buried next to her son


« Home | Back in the Saddle » | Will U Wait 4 Me? » | Vagina Logic » | I GOT TAGGED » | Hitch This! » | Love, Sex & Eating The Bones » | Weekend Scene From A Diva - Take 2 » | Drama Becomes Her » | The Learning Curve » | Definition of a Bullet Proof Diva »

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I Wish Music Could Adopt Me!

Still feeling like shit soup...but my girl Golden put me down for a music meme. Gotta love that music!

What is the total volume of musical files on your computer?

Thanks to Elle, I also own a Sony Mini-Disc Recorder (named mine Maxwell, of course)
itunes - 2.7 GB.

What song are you listening to right now?·
Maxwell – Symptom Unknown (from the Now Album)

Last CD I bought?
Miles Davis – Love Songs – replaced this cd because it was a casualty of my recent move.
Dwele – Subject - I am way behind on new music purchase, so I am a downloading diva

Five songs you listen to a lot and which mean something to you:
If It Wasn’t For Your Love – Heather Headley –Like Golden, If I ever get married this is the song I want played at my wedding. The lyrics are just how I would feel because it will HAVE to be love to get my ass down the aisle…not gonna jump the broom just for good sex or wealth/ money or to treat baby fever..hell naw.

Daughters – John Mayer – Reminds me how blessed I am to have the parents that I have

No Weapon - Fred Hammond & Radical for Christ – Sometimes l really feel like a warrior and this song reminds me that I am covered by the blood of Jesus!

I Keep – Jill Scott –I absolutely hate to cry, and this song reminds me that I can/should when I need to.

Break You Off- The Roots – umm since its been SOO long since anybody has…I spin this to imagine that its about to go down! (LOL!)



Edit: That ole saying "better late then never " just ain't gonna cut it this time? It is ri-damn-diculous how we have to wait for justice sometimes!

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The FBI on Wednesday exhumed the body of a black teenager killed in a Mississippi lynching 50 years ago, hoping to shed light on an unsolved crime that symbolized the raw history of race relations in America.
A burial vault with a casket containing the body of Emmett Till was unearthed with the help of a backhoe beneath a white tent over his grave site. Family members held a brief prayer service there beforehand inside a quiet suburban cemetery near Chicago.

In the summer of 1955 Till was 14 and living in Chicago when he visited relatives in Mississippi, then the very heart of the segregated Old South. He allegedly whistled at and talked to a white woman in a store, for which he was kidnapped and killed.

His battered body turned up in the Tallahatchie River near Money, Mississippi, weighed down by a cotton gin fan tied with barbed wire to his neck. He appeared to have been tortured and shot.

Two white men, one of them married to the woman with whom Till allegedly flirted, were charged with his killing but acquitted by an all-white Mississippi jury.

The men later described in a magazine interview how they had beaten Till but the two could not be tried again because they had been acquitted.

Both are now dead but a recent documentary, "The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till," by New York filmmaker Keith Beauchamp, turned up witnesses to the crime who indicated several people were involved.

The FBI is looking for evidence to see if its possible to still bring charges at the state level. It was not clear, however, what the exhumation would accomplish beyond proving that the body is that of Till, and some experts have said it was likely to yield little else. No autopsy was ever performed.

In announcing its investigation a year ago the U.S. Justice Department said it had received new information and wanted to determine if any prosecutions were still possible in Mississippi.

At the time one official called the Till case a "grotesque miscarriage of justice" that still "stands at the crossroads of the American civil rights movement."

Till's burial vault was placed on a flatbed truck, covered with a blue tarp, and hauled away to the Cook County morgue for an examination.

After his death Till's mother, Mamie Till Mobley, ordered her son's disfigured face displayed in an open coffin in Chicago. She died in 2003 and was buried next to her son


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

3 comments

Add a comment