Weekend Scene From A Diva - Take 2
I had the best weekend! It started off Friday evening at my friend’s birthday dinner. We all met up at Goldfish. This place is fabulous for seafood and sushi. I almost hurt myself eating that swordfish, woo woo! I had a few drinks so I was feeling nice and mellow by the end of the evening. After dinner we were headed to a club but decided against it and ended up at the movies.
We saw Crash and it is absolutely awesome! A must see. I am going to own that one when it comes out on DVD. I was proud of Ludacris, he was in a lot of scenes with Larenz Tate and he held it down! I think he really takes acting seriously because he brought his A game to the role. Don Cheadle, as usual, was amazing in his role, thankfully I didn’t ball like I did in Hotel Rwanda (seeing him cry just jacked me up). I really could do a whole blog on that movie it had so many subplots and interesting topics that were addressed.
Saturday was a busy day, I went shopping for the cruise I am going on at the end of the month. Then later, I went to a cook out with some close friends. I had a ball! I was in charge of food prep and cooking so I was a busy bee the whole time, but I enjoyed it. Cooking really relaxes me so I may have to do it more often for myself. (LOL). It was good being around good friends, good food, and nice weather. The perfect cookout!
After the cook out I was exhausted, but I promised a friend I would stop by her spoken word event. It was the first time I attended one of these at someone’s home but it was so cool. She had a beautiful back yard and she lit it with tiki torches and candles and had folks on blankets, chairs, and pillows. She had these cats who were REAL poets, not someone just talking to hear themselves talk. They were intriguing! She had it catered with food but I was still full from our cookout and didn’t get to sample anything. She was raising money for an organization she is starting (forget the name) but it will assist women who are fleeing domestic abuse situations. I got home really late but I was feeling great after my wonderful day. I met this real cool poet who asked for my phone number, but I left before giving it to him. I am going to tell my friend to let him have it if he asks.
Sunday started early and rainy (yuk). I went to breakfast with Preggers and then we hit some stores to return the things from her shower(s) that she didn’t need/want. We got her items for her hospital bag and she was able to pick out the last of her baby items with her gift cards. She was doing the pregnant lady waddle which cracked me up. She is getting scared now but I think she will be fine. First baby deliveries can be long but, all she needs to do is last until the epi is administered without killing somebody.
Sunday afternoon I went to my play cousin’s housewarming. I helped her move in back in April but it was nice to see the furniture and other items all moved in and arranged. I had forgotten how spacious her townhouse was, even with all her furniture in, it seems so big. The food was really good, and I got to see some folks I knew there. Met some new people who seemed cool too.
Sunday evening, I came home watched Hitch (got major beef with that film) and chilled out. My friend and her new girlfriend came by to see my new place. They were so cute together. I was so happy to see her happy. She was feeling as if she would never meet anyone nice and now she is in a new relationship and all giddy. I tried to tell her that the love of her life was on the way, so I won’t say I told you so! It’s enough to see her happy now. Keeping my fingers crossed for them to work out!
My weekend was busy, but spent with my favorite people so by Sunday evening I went to bed smiling.
We saw Crash and it is absolutely awesome! A must see. I am going to own that one when it comes out on DVD. I was proud of Ludacris, he was in a lot of scenes with Larenz Tate and he held it down! I think he really takes acting seriously because he brought his A game to the role. Don Cheadle, as usual, was amazing in his role, thankfully I didn’t ball like I did in Hotel Rwanda (seeing him cry just jacked me up). I really could do a whole blog on that movie it had so many subplots and interesting topics that were addressed.
Saturday was a busy day, I went shopping for the cruise I am going on at the end of the month. Then later, I went to a cook out with some close friends. I had a ball! I was in charge of food prep and cooking so I was a busy bee the whole time, but I enjoyed it. Cooking really relaxes me so I may have to do it more often for myself. (LOL). It was good being around good friends, good food, and nice weather. The perfect cookout!
After the cook out I was exhausted, but I promised a friend I would stop by her spoken word event. It was the first time I attended one of these at someone’s home but it was so cool. She had a beautiful back yard and she lit it with tiki torches and candles and had folks on blankets, chairs, and pillows. She had these cats who were REAL poets, not someone just talking to hear themselves talk. They were intriguing! She had it catered with food but I was still full from our cookout and didn’t get to sample anything. She was raising money for an organization she is starting (forget the name) but it will assist women who are fleeing domestic abuse situations. I got home really late but I was feeling great after my wonderful day. I met this real cool poet who asked for my phone number, but I left before giving it to him. I am going to tell my friend to let him have it if he asks.
Sunday started early and rainy (yuk). I went to breakfast with Preggers and then we hit some stores to return the things from her shower(s) that she didn’t need/want. We got her items for her hospital bag and she was able to pick out the last of her baby items with her gift cards. She was doing the pregnant lady waddle which cracked me up. She is getting scared now but I think she will be fine. First baby deliveries can be long but, all she needs to do is last until the epi is administered without killing somebody.
Sunday afternoon I went to my play cousin’s housewarming. I helped her move in back in April but it was nice to see the furniture and other items all moved in and arranged. I had forgotten how spacious her townhouse was, even with all her furniture in, it seems so big. The food was really good, and I got to see some folks I knew there. Met some new people who seemed cool too.
Sunday evening, I came home watched Hitch (got major beef with that film) and chilled out. My friend and her new girlfriend came by to see my new place. They were so cute together. I was so happy to see her happy. She was feeling as if she would never meet anyone nice and now she is in a new relationship and all giddy. I tried to tell her that the love of her life was on the way, so I won’t say I told you so! It’s enough to see her happy now. Keeping my fingers crossed for them to work out!
My weekend was busy, but spent with my favorite people so by Sunday evening I went to bed smiling.
Add a comment