Vagina Logic
Vagina Logic, I guess you can call it women's intuition too. Vagina logic is the reasoning and thought process of anyone with a vagina. (guess that was a no-brainer)
Whenever reasoning or a way of thinking is associated with women terms like intuition and instinct seem to differ from analytical and judgment. Is there a chasm between male and female logic? Does the difference makes one the inferior gender?
Male and females have totally different DNA. It is expected that thought processes and problem solving be somewhat different. There are even significant differences in male and female brains, but it would be stretching it a bit to say that these differences between the sexes correspond to the dichotomies of logic and emotion. I am not convinced.
When you think about vagina logic, you are really dealing with how women think vs. how men think. Generally, women are known/assumed to be more nurturing, emotional, and have deeper feelings then men. So the “reasoning” is that we think with more feelings than males do. Men, on the other hand are abstract, analytical, and systematic which leads people to believe that they leave out emotion in decision-making and problem-solving. Is this true? If so, is this a good thing? Is it better to be devoid of emotion, so that you can arrive at a sounder, wiser decision? While having strong emotions can sometimes interfere with your thought processes, this is not automatically the case. There are plenty of times that I have felt tremendous emotion, and my thought process was at its best.
I am not sure if the great divide between men and women’s logic is worthwhile to evaluate because the bottom line is, we are all different. Our experiences, insight, knowledge, and background shape us and mold us. We all make choices with our own logic that stem from a combination of different things: emotion, past experience, perception, etc.
Now when it comes to matters of the heart, vagina logic can surely mess up your thought process and reasoning. If there is ever a time I wish I had male logic, it is when my vagina logic kicks in and I struggle to listen to my head or my heart. Most of the times, I go with my head, because my heart just ain’t a credible source of logic OR reasoning when deciding about love or hate (whichever the case may be).
Whenever reasoning or a way of thinking is associated with women terms like intuition and instinct seem to differ from analytical and judgment. Is there a chasm between male and female logic? Does the difference makes one the inferior gender?
Male and females have totally different DNA. It is expected that thought processes and problem solving be somewhat different. There are even significant differences in male and female brains, but it would be stretching it a bit to say that these differences between the sexes correspond to the dichotomies of logic and emotion. I am not convinced.
When you think about vagina logic, you are really dealing with how women think vs. how men think. Generally, women are known/assumed to be more nurturing, emotional, and have deeper feelings then men. So the “reasoning” is that we think with more feelings than males do. Men, on the other hand are abstract, analytical, and systematic which leads people to believe that they leave out emotion in decision-making and problem-solving. Is this true? If so, is this a good thing? Is it better to be devoid of emotion, so that you can arrive at a sounder, wiser decision? While having strong emotions can sometimes interfere with your thought processes, this is not automatically the case. There are plenty of times that I have felt tremendous emotion, and my thought process was at its best.
I am not sure if the great divide between men and women’s logic is worthwhile to evaluate because the bottom line is, we are all different. Our experiences, insight, knowledge, and background shape us and mold us. We all make choices with our own logic that stem from a combination of different things: emotion, past experience, perception, etc.
Now when it comes to matters of the heart, vagina logic can surely mess up your thought process and reasoning. If there is ever a time I wish I had male logic, it is when my vagina logic kicks in and I struggle to listen to my head or my heart. Most of the times, I go with my head, because my heart just ain’t a credible source of logic OR reasoning when deciding about love or hate (whichever the case may be).
Add a comment