web statistics

« Home | The Power Of Panties » | Could U Be..... » | TOUGH LOVE » | Captain: The Unfinished Chapter » | Take These Shackles Off My Feet » | Dangerous Friends » | How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days » | MY VEST » | Stealth Lover » | No Strings » 

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Friday, July 01, 2005 

Yesterday's Groove

Yesterday I had groove, a groove that soothed my soul.

I'm Stuck in Yesterday's Groove. I feel like my spirit is stuck in yesterday's happiness, past month's bliss, and last year's contentment. I have to remember what it feels like to laugh so hard my abs hurt. It seems like forever since I had a new idea, felt a new emotion, craved a new object of desire. My inertia is spiraling me into a mental time machine that rushes me back to a happier time... a simpler life.. and a more peaceful existence.

The daily grind can get to you if you let it. If you don't stop to smell the scent of your success, taste the fruit of your labor, you can miss a beat and before you know it, your groove is gone, or it has changed so much you don't even recognize the new sound. You may not even like it. You begin to reflect on your old self. You realize that it's been eons since you looked at your own face in the mirror. I mean really looked at your face. I find myself late for work some mornings not particularly caring to be prompt. That's not really like me. I feel uninspired to withstand the routine that my life has become. I find myself slacking in all things that I usually tend to with great passion and fervor. My rhythm... my groove..feels like it is being felt by somebody else...being played by some other force. For some reason, I haven't felt strong enough to reclaim it or make my groove my own again.

All this time, while I have been meticulously planning a fabulous life, I have missed being still enough to feel the new groove that my life is moving to now. I read somewhere that life transforms us, whether we acknowledge it or not, with or without our permission. So it would be wise to savor it.... seize it...appreciate it.. choose it. Maybe yesterday's groove was supposed to end so I can find a new one. Maybe this time my groove will be richer, deeper, full of resonance. This groove will have me savoring life more and loving it.


« Home | The Power Of Panties » | Could U Be..... » | TOUGH LOVE » | Captain: The Unfinished Chapter » | Take These Shackles Off My Feet » | Dangerous Friends » | How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days » | MY VEST » | Stealth Lover » | No Strings »

Friday, July 01, 2005

Yesterday's Groove

Yesterday I had groove, a groove that soothed my soul.

I'm Stuck in Yesterday's Groove. I feel like my spirit is stuck in yesterday's happiness, past month's bliss, and last year's contentment. I have to remember what it feels like to laugh so hard my abs hurt. It seems like forever since I had a new idea, felt a new emotion, craved a new object of desire. My inertia is spiraling me into a mental time machine that rushes me back to a happier time... a simpler life.. and a more peaceful existence.

The daily grind can get to you if you let it. If you don't stop to smell the scent of your success, taste the fruit of your labor, you can miss a beat and before you know it, your groove is gone, or it has changed so much you don't even recognize the new sound. You may not even like it. You begin to reflect on your old self. You realize that it's been eons since you looked at your own face in the mirror. I mean really looked at your face. I find myself late for work some mornings not particularly caring to be prompt. That's not really like me. I feel uninspired to withstand the routine that my life has become. I find myself slacking in all things that I usually tend to with great passion and fervor. My rhythm... my groove..feels like it is being felt by somebody else...being played by some other force. For some reason, I haven't felt strong enough to reclaim it or make my groove my own again.

All this time, while I have been meticulously planning a fabulous life, I have missed being still enough to feel the new groove that my life is moving to now. I read somewhere that life transforms us, whether we acknowledge it or not, with or without our permission. So it would be wise to savor it.... seize it...appreciate it.. choose it. Maybe yesterday's groove was supposed to end so I can find a new one. Maybe this time my groove will be richer, deeper, full of resonance. This groove will have me savoring life more and loving it.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

7 comments

Add a comment