web statistics

« Home | Definition of a Bullet Proof Diva » | (Un) Easy Conversation » | Gee Baby Ain't I Good To You? » | Weekend Scene from A Diva » | I'm Screwed.... » | You Want My Number? Really? » | Diva Gets Dirty » | Make Room Myrtle! » | Behind The Velvet Rope » | Diary Of A Mad Blog Addicted Diva » 

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 

The Learning Curve

I guess in life there are some things that you never get over, never forget.

First car
First kiss
First love
First job
First lover
First orgasm
First multiple orgasm

*ahem* getting distracted..where was I?

Oh..

I suppose each circumstance, event, person and emotion you experience is a learning experience that shapes and molds who you are.

A learning curve is when you learn to remember all aspects of "what went wrong" and remember how to do it right, effectively "learning and remembering" it for future similar encounters.

So what have I learned about myself? Well, I have been in this city for, wow seven years! Thinking back...I can say I have surprised myself. It turns out that I am quite resilient, determined, and driven. I think I always believed this about myself but being here, these things are tested, stretched, maximized and pushed to the limit. You start to realize what you are made of and how your character is built.

Since I am ALL about personal growth, I TRY to think about what decisions I made or didn't make. What actions I did to contribute to certain things that happened or didn't happen to me. It is worthwhile to do a little self-inventory because it ain't ALWAYS other folk...sometimes its YOU. It would behoove me to assess my thought process to understand more about myself each day. The Wise Diva strives to be wise about herself all. the. time. I would be mad if I am dealing with the SAME ole shit each year and wonder why I am in a rut. Learning curves are mandatory for personal growth!

So..a few things I have learned:

Don’t ever date a man because he drives a nice car

Don’t apply for a job that doesn’t pay you your age

Don’t date cops who are addicted to porn

Don’t date firemen who are addicted to porn

Don't date the "same dude, with a different name" (DOH!)

If a man says he is looking for a swinging wife - RUN!

Never take Marta when you are inebriated showing your weapons of mass distraction in a plunging neckline top.

Never take a man seriously who hallas at you in traffic/at a stop light

Never compliment a sista on her hair if she is carrying a weapon

If a man offers to pump your gas, just let him do it, especially if he is high and has 3 scary looking homeboys with him

Always trust your instincts when it comes to shady people


I have learned a lot more, but these are things that come to mind today for some reason. I may blog about some of these further because the stories that are associated with them are …well learning experiences!


« Home | Definition of a Bullet Proof Diva » | (Un) Easy Conversation » | Gee Baby Ain't I Good To You? » | Weekend Scene from A Diva » | I'm Screwed.... » | You Want My Number? Really? » | Diva Gets Dirty » | Make Room Myrtle! » | Behind The Velvet Rope » | Diary Of A Mad Blog Addicted Diva »

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Learning Curve

I guess in life there are some things that you never get over, never forget.

First car
First kiss
First love
First job
First lover
First orgasm
First multiple orgasm

*ahem* getting distracted..where was I?

Oh..

I suppose each circumstance, event, person and emotion you experience is a learning experience that shapes and molds who you are.

A learning curve is when you learn to remember all aspects of "what went wrong" and remember how to do it right, effectively "learning and remembering" it for future similar encounters.

So what have I learned about myself? Well, I have been in this city for, wow seven years! Thinking back...I can say I have surprised myself. It turns out that I am quite resilient, determined, and driven. I think I always believed this about myself but being here, these things are tested, stretched, maximized and pushed to the limit. You start to realize what you are made of and how your character is built.

Since I am ALL about personal growth, I TRY to think about what decisions I made or didn't make. What actions I did to contribute to certain things that happened or didn't happen to me. It is worthwhile to do a little self-inventory because it ain't ALWAYS other folk...sometimes its YOU. It would behoove me to assess my thought process to understand more about myself each day. The Wise Diva strives to be wise about herself all. the. time. I would be mad if I am dealing with the SAME ole shit each year and wonder why I am in a rut. Learning curves are mandatory for personal growth!

So..a few things I have learned:

Don’t ever date a man because he drives a nice car

Don’t apply for a job that doesn’t pay you your age

Don’t date cops who are addicted to porn

Don’t date firemen who are addicted to porn

Don't date the "same dude, with a different name" (DOH!)

If a man says he is looking for a swinging wife - RUN!

Never take Marta when you are inebriated showing your weapons of mass distraction in a plunging neckline top.

Never take a man seriously who hallas at you in traffic/at a stop light

Never compliment a sista on her hair if she is carrying a weapon

If a man offers to pump your gas, just let him do it, especially if he is high and has 3 scary looking homeboys with him

Always trust your instincts when it comes to shady people


I have learned a lot more, but these are things that come to mind today for some reason. I may blog about some of these further because the stories that are associated with them are …well learning experiences!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

5 comments

Add a comment