web statistics

« Home | Gee Baby Ain't I Good To You? » | Weekend Scene from A Diva » | I'm Screwed.... » | You Want My Number? Really? » | Diva Gets Dirty » | Make Room Myrtle! » | Behind The Velvet Rope » | Diary Of A Mad Blog Addicted Diva » | Two Women » | Ode To Maxwell » 

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 

(Un) Easy Conversation

So I have been talking to Puerto Rico, who now loves to call and wake me up to “start our day off right”…that’s real sweet, except I am SO not a morning person, and it has been communicated to him, but that doesn’t stop him from calling me first thing, expecting Sally Sunshine…I tried to pull it off the first day, then I just told him…you talk, and I will grunt whenever I need to.

It’s interesting when things are going smoothly with a new guy and your conversations are Easy Conversations (can ya tell that I am on a Jill Scott tip this week?).

**cue Jill Scott’s Easy Conversation**

I’m feelin what he is saying, he is feeling what I’m sayin. There are no awkward moments, no pregnant silences. There is laughter, sarcasm, wit, and even silliness. It’s simple, effortless, fun, and interesting. Just nice…

Yea well, (stop the music) all good things come to an end. Well, let me not be dramatic, perhaps not end, but they sure can get un-easy real damn fast. Last night, the topic of conversation ventured to sex. Now I am NO prude, by ANY stretch of the imagination. I do feel that if you absolutely HAVE to ask/say certain things to a lady, you should THINK about how you say it to get the reaction that you seek. I don’t even know what reaction PR expected when he said what he did, but he sure got an earful from me.

The conversation started innocently enough (or did it?). He asked if I was an affectionate person, and me being upfront as I can, just admitted, I am not big on PDA, I value my me time, but I certainly enjoy sharing my life with someone special, doing sweet things like hand holding, cuddling, kissing, when it was the appropriate time to do so. I really just try to find a balance when I am dating someone exclusively. I had a life before I met a man, and I will have one when I am dating him. That’s just how I am. I always make time for the person I am dating, and I know the importance of quality time, I just don’t see the need to spend every waking moment with someone. After the novelty of a new relationship wears off, you find your groove with each other. But I digress.

PR’s next line of questioning went from affection to intimacy. As in, do I enjoy it? How often? What kind of lover I was? Now I have dated long enough to know, that guys bring up sex mainly to see how down with the get down you are. (read: how freaky is she?). I normally handle this topic with no problem. This time, I was sort of disappointed, annoyed even. I mean why is this so important to cover in the FIRST WEEK of meeting someone unless you are just out for some booty?

I told him I am horrible in bed, and he would probably be bored real fast. Do you think that deterred him? He became even more determined and wanted to be the one that took me to another level of ecstasy (his actual words). I tell him, dude I am kidding, and I am trying to be gracious here, cut me some slack, I don’t like where this conversation is headed.

Then he asked me: "I promise I can make you enjoy sex, can I come over?"

I replied, "Umm I NEVER said I don’t enjoy sex, and hell no, you can’t come over! I just met you!"

He said that he is just SOO attracted to me, and he just wants to lick me to sleep (doggone it, I am such a sucka for that - no pun intended). I tell him, ok just stop, you won’t be licking nothing for me but a stamp. Then I just ask him, are you looking for a FB, someone to cut? Let me know now.

I mean just Sunday he was bemoaning how he can never find a meaningful relationship with women because there are so many women playing games, out for money. So if this is true, and you meet someone you like, what is the urgency in getting her IPO (initial pu*sy offering)? Whatever happened to finding out a person’s like, dislikes, and enjoying that easy conversation? Hmph..

I had to end the conversation to go study for my last final, but I let him know that I was not interested in casual sex, and if I were, I would have let him know that the first day, because I have no problem getting sexual needs met. I mean I could step outside my door, yell out I am HORNY and then wait for all the dycks to start slinging (this is not about looks, but moreso about the ease and frequency that women get offered some ass)..but it is not about getting physical needs met, I need my mind stimulated, my soul stirred, and my body will follow suit….when I am good and damn ready!


« Home | Gee Baby Ain't I Good To You? » | Weekend Scene from A Diva » | I'm Screwed.... » | You Want My Number? Really? » | Diva Gets Dirty » | Make Room Myrtle! » | Behind The Velvet Rope » | Diary Of A Mad Blog Addicted Diva » | Two Women » | Ode To Maxwell »

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

(Un) Easy Conversation

So I have been talking to Puerto Rico, who now loves to call and wake me up to “start our day off right”…that’s real sweet, except I am SO not a morning person, and it has been communicated to him, but that doesn’t stop him from calling me first thing, expecting Sally Sunshine…I tried to pull it off the first day, then I just told him…you talk, and I will grunt whenever I need to.

It’s interesting when things are going smoothly with a new guy and your conversations are Easy Conversations (can ya tell that I am on a Jill Scott tip this week?).

**cue Jill Scott’s Easy Conversation**

I’m feelin what he is saying, he is feeling what I’m sayin. There are no awkward moments, no pregnant silences. There is laughter, sarcasm, wit, and even silliness. It’s simple, effortless, fun, and interesting. Just nice…

Yea well, (stop the music) all good things come to an end. Well, let me not be dramatic, perhaps not end, but they sure can get un-easy real damn fast. Last night, the topic of conversation ventured to sex. Now I am NO prude, by ANY stretch of the imagination. I do feel that if you absolutely HAVE to ask/say certain things to a lady, you should THINK about how you say it to get the reaction that you seek. I don’t even know what reaction PR expected when he said what he did, but he sure got an earful from me.

The conversation started innocently enough (or did it?). He asked if I was an affectionate person, and me being upfront as I can, just admitted, I am not big on PDA, I value my me time, but I certainly enjoy sharing my life with someone special, doing sweet things like hand holding, cuddling, kissing, when it was the appropriate time to do so. I really just try to find a balance when I am dating someone exclusively. I had a life before I met a man, and I will have one when I am dating him. That’s just how I am. I always make time for the person I am dating, and I know the importance of quality time, I just don’t see the need to spend every waking moment with someone. After the novelty of a new relationship wears off, you find your groove with each other. But I digress.

PR’s next line of questioning went from affection to intimacy. As in, do I enjoy it? How often? What kind of lover I was? Now I have dated long enough to know, that guys bring up sex mainly to see how down with the get down you are. (read: how freaky is she?). I normally handle this topic with no problem. This time, I was sort of disappointed, annoyed even. I mean why is this so important to cover in the FIRST WEEK of meeting someone unless you are just out for some booty?

I told him I am horrible in bed, and he would probably be bored real fast. Do you think that deterred him? He became even more determined and wanted to be the one that took me to another level of ecstasy (his actual words). I tell him, dude I am kidding, and I am trying to be gracious here, cut me some slack, I don’t like where this conversation is headed.

Then he asked me: "I promise I can make you enjoy sex, can I come over?"

I replied, "Umm I NEVER said I don’t enjoy sex, and hell no, you can’t come over! I just met you!"

He said that he is just SOO attracted to me, and he just wants to lick me to sleep (doggone it, I am such a sucka for that - no pun intended). I tell him, ok just stop, you won’t be licking nothing for me but a stamp. Then I just ask him, are you looking for a FB, someone to cut? Let me know now.

I mean just Sunday he was bemoaning how he can never find a meaningful relationship with women because there are so many women playing games, out for money. So if this is true, and you meet someone you like, what is the urgency in getting her IPO (initial pu*sy offering)? Whatever happened to finding out a person’s like, dislikes, and enjoying that easy conversation? Hmph..

I had to end the conversation to go study for my last final, but I let him know that I was not interested in casual sex, and if I were, I would have let him know that the first day, because I have no problem getting sexual needs met. I mean I could step outside my door, yell out I am HORNY and then wait for all the dycks to start slinging (this is not about looks, but moreso about the ease and frequency that women get offered some ass)..but it is not about getting physical needs met, I need my mind stimulated, my soul stirred, and my body will follow suit….when I am good and damn ready!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

12 comments

Add a comment