web statistics

« Home | I Got Nuthin » | P***Y GALORE » | Real Women Have Men » | Strong Enough » | Exit Wounds » | What A Weekend » | Fear of Flying » | Now Keep In Mind » | Changing Channels » | No One Compares » 

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Monday, July 18, 2005 

WE E-CRASHED

The topic was interracial dating on the AJC blog. I actually had not been paying much attention because I was studying for my exams, so I had not weighed in on my thoughts about it..when I get this email from someone who was giving HER opinion (she sent it to a few of us)

I have not changed anything so the spelling and grammar is unedited:

I am a young, white female born and raised in Georgia. I love people. I love learning about new people and getting to know them and where they came from. I love looking into what makes people tick. I am interested in relationships of all kinds. This interracial blogg really hit it home for me. I do not date African-American men. I am not attracted to African-American men in any type of physical way. Now, I can look at an African-American man and notice why others would be attracted to them.....example: Terrence Howard. I look at him and say, "Wow....what a good looking guy." Another example: Morris Chestnut. I think most people (even guys notice Morris Chestnut!!). I know that all black men are not the same. Just as all white men are not the same. Every race has it's creeps. PERIOD. I love my strong, hardworking, good to my mother, deep roots, home-grown, Lord-loving, funny, charming, AWSOME father. He is a strong white man with good morals. I believe that is what I want in a man. Why do I not chose to date black men? In my life I havent met many that treated me like a lady. At the store I get "what up baby" and "ppsssssstttt"......honestly, WHAT kind of pick-up line is "PSSSSTTT"????? I have NEVER had a black man come up to me with a respectful attitude. In highschool I had many white friends whom only dated black guys. My best friend has one beautiful child with a black man. However, where is this man?? He is calling her at her mom's house saying she is a "lazy, fat, white-trash cunt who needs to get off her lazy ass and get a job"....tells her to "stop living off other people" when he lives with his mama. Tells her he can afford to give her money for their child, yet comes to see the kid with new rims on his car. He says he got them "on a payment plan." She asks him how he has a cell phone/ cell bill with no money. He says "Oh, I dont pay for it...my cousin pays it for me." Cousin....riiiiiight. Everybody is his cousin. Oh, forgot to tell you.....she doesnt live with him anymore because she caught him cheating. He says he didn't do it. Ummm...OK, yeah, I am sure that girl really IS calling his cell phone bacause she is looking for his "cousin" Marcus. I am also sure that my friend had Herpes her whole life and just didn't know it. This is what my friend has to put up with for the rest of her life. Yes, it WAS her choice to date him, so she is also to blame. Well...it is also my choice who I date and I am not even taking the chance. You know why she even has a kid with him?? Mid-sex he tells her "I am gonna cum in you because I want you to be my baby mama." She says "NO!!" He says "Too late."

I understand that he is just a jerk and not all black men are like this. You forget tho....this story is only ONE of my friends. My other friend had a sweet, good-natured black man. He was so kind and caring for the first 3 months.....until he took her verginity, and later called her to let her know she was "no longer a challenge." Therefore no use to him. Also the whole "I'm a thug" mentality. Why is it such a bad thing to be an honest person?? I have these opinions, not because I was raised like this (I was not), but because this is ALL I KNOW. The experience I have had and witnessed have not been good. Most of the black males I have known made themselves look bad. The times are rare that have felt warmth or compassion or love or honesty from one. That makes me so sad. WHY??? I have been made fun of for being white. My cousin was beat up and always teased on the elementary school bus by three black girls when I was growing up. The only black boy that befriended me in 7th grade decided one day in the middle of the hallway (to be mean) and told everyone that I shopped at goodwill. Even on the blogg I get offened many times by the comments made by the black men. For some reason racism is ok when it is directed toward white people. I am going to say this because I truly BELIEVE this........racism has SWITCHED in today's society. In my experience I have seen more racism towards white people from black people than towards black people from white people. I am sick of getting the bad looks. I am sick of honestly being a NICE person just because I was taught to treat others how I would like to be treated and getting a fake smile and laughs and snickers after I walk away. I am sick of feeling not welcomed. Sick of being looked at like I have done something wrong. I am sick of black men persistently treating me like a piece of ass. I am sick of having black women cut infront of me in a line acting like they dont see me. I am sick of seeing my friend's get taken for fools when all they do is trust a fella. I am sick of seeing white girls fall again and again and AGAIN for the same bullshit lies and excuses. BUT!!---that is their choice. If they want to take that road...and if it works out for them....I am damn happy for them. Me, on the other hand....unless my opinion gets changed and I am shown a better side (which I KNOW is out there SOMEWHERE!!)....I am sticking to who treats my friends and I better. Sticking to what I could never live without.....a white man


Ok so I was of COURSE pissed off..and responded with stop emailing me your ignorant BS!! Than I calmed down and drafted this response:

Exhaling…I feel sorry for you and your friends. Maybe you just don’t know ANY good black men. (I doubt you would know one if you saw one though). Perhaps your perception won’t ever change because men don’t go around trying to prove to you that they are worthy to be held in high esteem by you. Believe it or not, every man won’t feel commissioned to show you that you are a queen. Perhaps you don’t get respect because you don’t give any. Maybe your exposure to things are limited. At any rate, your email was offensive to me. It was filled with stereotypical assumptions based on a skewed perception. I hope that one day you will leave your comfort zone and learn more about people of all backgrounds. Then the next time you think to email someone, perhaps you should start by asking questions instead of recounting the worst stories of you and your friends. Maybe you can ask me about the black men that have done the right thing. No they aren’t perfect, but they are men that don’t perpetuate stereotypes. These are men I applaud, love, adore, and support… I respectfully ask that you don’t contact me again. I get enough “bad press” on black men in the media, I don’t need to hear more from you. K? Thanks



It's interesting because I immediately started stereotyping her as a "trailer park, ignorant, racist, or trifling" person, so that made me think...my kneejerk reaction shows that I have my OWN misconceptions, stereotypes, and prejudices too. ..and just like that..

I "E-Crashed"

Wow


« Home | I Got Nuthin » | P***Y GALORE » | Real Women Have Men » | Strong Enough » | Exit Wounds » | What A Weekend » | Fear of Flying » | Now Keep In Mind » | Changing Channels » | No One Compares »

Monday, July 18, 2005

WE E-CRASHED

The topic was interracial dating on the AJC blog. I actually had not been paying much attention because I was studying for my exams, so I had not weighed in on my thoughts about it..when I get this email from someone who was giving HER opinion (she sent it to a few of us)

I have not changed anything so the spelling and grammar is unedited:

I am a young, white female born and raised in Georgia. I love people. I love learning about new people and getting to know them and where they came from. I love looking into what makes people tick. I am interested in relationships of all kinds. This interracial blogg really hit it home for me. I do not date African-American men. I am not attracted to African-American men in any type of physical way. Now, I can look at an African-American man and notice why others would be attracted to them.....example: Terrence Howard. I look at him and say, "Wow....what a good looking guy." Another example: Morris Chestnut. I think most people (even guys notice Morris Chestnut!!). I know that all black men are not the same. Just as all white men are not the same. Every race has it's creeps. PERIOD. I love my strong, hardworking, good to my mother, deep roots, home-grown, Lord-loving, funny, charming, AWSOME father. He is a strong white man with good morals. I believe that is what I want in a man. Why do I not chose to date black men? In my life I havent met many that treated me like a lady. At the store I get "what up baby" and "ppsssssstttt"......honestly, WHAT kind of pick-up line is "PSSSSTTT"????? I have NEVER had a black man come up to me with a respectful attitude. In highschool I had many white friends whom only dated black guys. My best friend has one beautiful child with a black man. However, where is this man?? He is calling her at her mom's house saying she is a "lazy, fat, white-trash cunt who needs to get off her lazy ass and get a job"....tells her to "stop living off other people" when he lives with his mama. Tells her he can afford to give her money for their child, yet comes to see the kid with new rims on his car. He says he got them "on a payment plan." She asks him how he has a cell phone/ cell bill with no money. He says "Oh, I dont pay for it...my cousin pays it for me." Cousin....riiiiiight. Everybody is his cousin. Oh, forgot to tell you.....she doesnt live with him anymore because she caught him cheating. He says he didn't do it. Ummm...OK, yeah, I am sure that girl really IS calling his cell phone bacause she is looking for his "cousin" Marcus. I am also sure that my friend had Herpes her whole life and just didn't know it. This is what my friend has to put up with for the rest of her life. Yes, it WAS her choice to date him, so she is also to blame. Well...it is also my choice who I date and I am not even taking the chance. You know why she even has a kid with him?? Mid-sex he tells her "I am gonna cum in you because I want you to be my baby mama." She says "NO!!" He says "Too late."

I understand that he is just a jerk and not all black men are like this. You forget tho....this story is only ONE of my friends. My other friend had a sweet, good-natured black man. He was so kind and caring for the first 3 months.....until he took her verginity, and later called her to let her know she was "no longer a challenge." Therefore no use to him. Also the whole "I'm a thug" mentality. Why is it such a bad thing to be an honest person?? I have these opinions, not because I was raised like this (I was not), but because this is ALL I KNOW. The experience I have had and witnessed have not been good. Most of the black males I have known made themselves look bad. The times are rare that have felt warmth or compassion or love or honesty from one. That makes me so sad. WHY??? I have been made fun of for being white. My cousin was beat up and always teased on the elementary school bus by three black girls when I was growing up. The only black boy that befriended me in 7th grade decided one day in the middle of the hallway (to be mean) and told everyone that I shopped at goodwill. Even on the blogg I get offened many times by the comments made by the black men. For some reason racism is ok when it is directed toward white people. I am going to say this because I truly BELIEVE this........racism has SWITCHED in today's society. In my experience I have seen more racism towards white people from black people than towards black people from white people. I am sick of getting the bad looks. I am sick of honestly being a NICE person just because I was taught to treat others how I would like to be treated and getting a fake smile and laughs and snickers after I walk away. I am sick of feeling not welcomed. Sick of being looked at like I have done something wrong. I am sick of black men persistently treating me like a piece of ass. I am sick of having black women cut infront of me in a line acting like they dont see me. I am sick of seeing my friend's get taken for fools when all they do is trust a fella. I am sick of seeing white girls fall again and again and AGAIN for the same bullshit lies and excuses. BUT!!---that is their choice. If they want to take that road...and if it works out for them....I am damn happy for them. Me, on the other hand....unless my opinion gets changed and I am shown a better side (which I KNOW is out there SOMEWHERE!!)....I am sticking to who treats my friends and I better. Sticking to what I could never live without.....a white man


Ok so I was of COURSE pissed off..and responded with stop emailing me your ignorant BS!! Than I calmed down and drafted this response:

Exhaling…I feel sorry for you and your friends. Maybe you just don’t know ANY good black men. (I doubt you would know one if you saw one though). Perhaps your perception won’t ever change because men don’t go around trying to prove to you that they are worthy to be held in high esteem by you. Believe it or not, every man won’t feel commissioned to show you that you are a queen. Perhaps you don’t get respect because you don’t give any. Maybe your exposure to things are limited. At any rate, your email was offensive to me. It was filled with stereotypical assumptions based on a skewed perception. I hope that one day you will leave your comfort zone and learn more about people of all backgrounds. Then the next time you think to email someone, perhaps you should start by asking questions instead of recounting the worst stories of you and your friends. Maybe you can ask me about the black men that have done the right thing. No they aren’t perfect, but they are men that don’t perpetuate stereotypes. These are men I applaud, love, adore, and support… I respectfully ask that you don’t contact me again. I get enough “bad press” on black men in the media, I don’t need to hear more from you. K? Thanks



It's interesting because I immediately started stereotyping her as a "trailer park, ignorant, racist, or trifling" person, so that made me think...my kneejerk reaction shows that I have my OWN misconceptions, stereotypes, and prejudices too. ..and just like that..

I "E-Crashed"

Wow


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

7 comments

Add a comment