web statistics

« Home | Changing Channels » | No One Compares » | Yesterday's Groove » | The Power Of Panties » | Could U Be..... » | TOUGH LOVE » | Captain: The Unfinished Chapter » | Take These Shackles Off My Feet » | Dangerous Friends » | How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days » 

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 

Now Keep In Mind

....That I’m a blogger, and I am sensitive about my shit!

I read a blog of this woman I know recently. She was talking about the song Cater 2 U. According to her, “this song is about totally loving a man to the point where all you want to do is spoil him”

Ok. I can see where she gets that message in the song. She went on to say that she believed that often times the women who don’t like this song are emotionally bankrupt after bad relationships.

At first I took what she said wrong. After all, I was a woman she knew. Then I thought about it. I had mentioned that the lyrics to the song irked me in a recent blog post, and it was strategically placed in the entry to explain why I didn’t care for it.

I don’t think I accurately depicted what it is about that song that makes me cringe: My Life Would Be Purposeless Without You. Now when I am in love, I know that I will feel as if I was put here on earth to be this man’s wife. I DON'T WANT TO EVER feel like without him, I have NO purpose. This is why the song gets under my skin. That line spins the entire song into the wrong direction for me.

The thing is, I have catered to people, especially men before. I have drawn baths, given massages, cooked meals, bought clothes, paid bills, sexed him good, and made him feel like the KING. The problem?

I DIDN’T CATER TO ME FIRST!!

I have read through all my blog entries trying to see where in my blog I have talked about positive experiences I have had with men. Maybe I do come across as a man hating, emotionally bankrupt, and incapable of loving type of chick. That certainly has not been my intent. In all my entries, I wanted to show that my role in things was instrumental in how things unfolded. I am not in any way blaming all the drama that I endured on THEM. The reason being, it’s NOT about them. It’s about me. It’s always about me. When I didn’t love ME enough I cheated myself. I allowed things to happen because I didn’t know what it meant to love myself. That is, by far, the WORST offense then anybody could ever do to me.

The Cater2U lyrics represent a part of me that I had to let go until I realized what it meant to truly be in love with ME.

I have felt deep resentment but it really is just for one man, not all men. I used to play Chante Moore’s song BITTER, mainly because it helped me realize that it’s normal to feel hurt and pain after going through what I went through with my first love:

I'm just gonna speak from my heart
This song ain't about every man
But sometimes when you have had your heart broken
And there's pain
You gotta let it out exactly how you feeling it
I realize right now I'm just bitter

I remember the times we shared and I
Remember the long phone calls at night
You used to say the sweetest things
But today my phone rings and I wish
That you would just stop talking
I just can't take this anymore
You broke my heart and I know for sure
You're not the man I thought you was
Compromised myself enough
Now it's time to stop living this lie now

Don't follow me home nigga
Stop ringing my phone nigga
Just leave me alone nigga
I wish you well but
Right now I'm just bitter

Why did you come into my life
You didn't plan to do me right
If you didn't mean forever more
Why'd you get with me for?
No free nook that's not yours anymore, no, no

Don't follow me home nigga
Stop ringing my phone nigga
Just leave me alone nigga
I wish you well but
Right now I'm just bitter

Don't follow me home nigga
Stop ringing my phone nigga
Just leave me alone nigga
I wish you well but
Right now I'm just bitter

You make me sick nigga
I ain't your dog nigga
You made me write this song nigga
I wish you well but
I'm gonna find another nigga

I still harbor resentment towards HIM, and I know that I didn’t deserve to be treated the way he treated me. I do have bruises from that situation that didn't fade with the physical ones. These bruises are fading though, and they will go away in my own time, when I heal....I look forward to that day.

So I suppose everyone interprets music in their own way based on their own perceptions and experiences. I don’t knock every song about catering to your man. I actually love that song by Chante Moore & Kenny Latimore, Things That Lovers Do. I suppose that is closer to what I consider romance and commitment and catering to the love of your life. I can’t wait to do the things that lovers do! I know I am far from being emotionally bankrupt, I give love to myself, and my friends and family, and when the RIGHT man comes along, he will get catered to because that's what lovers do.


« Home | Changing Channels » | No One Compares » | Yesterday's Groove » | The Power Of Panties » | Could U Be..... » | TOUGH LOVE » | Captain: The Unfinished Chapter » | Take These Shackles Off My Feet » | Dangerous Friends » | How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days »

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Now Keep In Mind

....That I’m a blogger, and I am sensitive about my shit!

I read a blog of this woman I know recently. She was talking about the song Cater 2 U. According to her, “this song is about totally loving a man to the point where all you want to do is spoil him”

Ok. I can see where she gets that message in the song. She went on to say that she believed that often times the women who don’t like this song are emotionally bankrupt after bad relationships.

At first I took what she said wrong. After all, I was a woman she knew. Then I thought about it. I had mentioned that the lyrics to the song irked me in a recent blog post, and it was strategically placed in the entry to explain why I didn’t care for it.

I don’t think I accurately depicted what it is about that song that makes me cringe: My Life Would Be Purposeless Without You. Now when I am in love, I know that I will feel as if I was put here on earth to be this man’s wife. I DON'T WANT TO EVER feel like without him, I have NO purpose. This is why the song gets under my skin. That line spins the entire song into the wrong direction for me.

The thing is, I have catered to people, especially men before. I have drawn baths, given massages, cooked meals, bought clothes, paid bills, sexed him good, and made him feel like the KING. The problem?

I DIDN’T CATER TO ME FIRST!!

I have read through all my blog entries trying to see where in my blog I have talked about positive experiences I have had with men. Maybe I do come across as a man hating, emotionally bankrupt, and incapable of loving type of chick. That certainly has not been my intent. In all my entries, I wanted to show that my role in things was instrumental in how things unfolded. I am not in any way blaming all the drama that I endured on THEM. The reason being, it’s NOT about them. It’s about me. It’s always about me. When I didn’t love ME enough I cheated myself. I allowed things to happen because I didn’t know what it meant to love myself. That is, by far, the WORST offense then anybody could ever do to me.

The Cater2U lyrics represent a part of me that I had to let go until I realized what it meant to truly be in love with ME.

I have felt deep resentment but it really is just for one man, not all men. I used to play Chante Moore’s song BITTER, mainly because it helped me realize that it’s normal to feel hurt and pain after going through what I went through with my first love:

I'm just gonna speak from my heart
This song ain't about every man
But sometimes when you have had your heart broken
And there's pain
You gotta let it out exactly how you feeling it
I realize right now I'm just bitter

I remember the times we shared and I
Remember the long phone calls at night
You used to say the sweetest things
But today my phone rings and I wish
That you would just stop talking
I just can't take this anymore
You broke my heart and I know for sure
You're not the man I thought you was
Compromised myself enough
Now it's time to stop living this lie now

Don't follow me home nigga
Stop ringing my phone nigga
Just leave me alone nigga
I wish you well but
Right now I'm just bitter

Why did you come into my life
You didn't plan to do me right
If you didn't mean forever more
Why'd you get with me for?
No free nook that's not yours anymore, no, no

Don't follow me home nigga
Stop ringing my phone nigga
Just leave me alone nigga
I wish you well but
Right now I'm just bitter

Don't follow me home nigga
Stop ringing my phone nigga
Just leave me alone nigga
I wish you well but
Right now I'm just bitter

You make me sick nigga
I ain't your dog nigga
You made me write this song nigga
I wish you well but
I'm gonna find another nigga

I still harbor resentment towards HIM, and I know that I didn’t deserve to be treated the way he treated me. I do have bruises from that situation that didn't fade with the physical ones. These bruises are fading though, and they will go away in my own time, when I heal....I look forward to that day.

So I suppose everyone interprets music in their own way based on their own perceptions and experiences. I don’t knock every song about catering to your man. I actually love that song by Chante Moore & Kenny Latimore, Things That Lovers Do. I suppose that is closer to what I consider romance and commitment and catering to the love of your life. I can’t wait to do the things that lovers do! I know I am far from being emotionally bankrupt, I give love to myself, and my friends and family, and when the RIGHT man comes along, he will get catered to because that's what lovers do.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

14 comments

Add a comment