Diva Gets Dirty
I got dirty this weekend…sweaty, funky, and dirty! I broke 4 nails! No, this was not from an Olympic style, headboard banging, steamy, dirty tryst (but that would be hot!). I spent the entire weekend packing, moving, and unpacking. I moved into a beautiful brand new condo, in the coolest area near the city and I am in HEAVEN!
I was so proud of myself for doing everything in 3 days, especially since I had done NO planning for this move. I am anal when it comes to planning things of this magnitude. I have to know an itinerary, people contacted, money allotted. This time, due to a huge project for class, little pre-planning effort was put into this move and by Friday at 4 I was FREAKING OUT! Nobody I called Thursday to request their truck called me back, I had not reserved a moving truck, and I was not even able to tell the friends who were offering to help me what time and where I needed help!
Ok so after being calmed down by Kendeezy, I focused on plan B. I called Krypt! Now, he does not have a great track record for reliability with me, so the anxiety I had for the move didn’t completely dissipate, but at least he agreed to help me and bring friends. During the conversation Krypt said he thinks we need to “work on us” so we can go ahead and start planning a wedding. (how we get on this topic is beyond me).
So with a somewhat confirmed moving crew, I proceeded to get a truck, for the next day with NO reservation. I walk in to a Public Storage office and this really sweet married couple was working there. The husband noticed my Alabama license plate (yea I am riding dirty since ’99!) and he said he was from Alabama too. Well, not only did he turn out to be from my home state, he actually grew up in my parent’s neighborhood, attended the same high school as my mom and dad! He knew my grandmother and grandfather too! What a small world. They hooked me up with a reservation and the wife even got a reduction on the truck rental using my insurance card. I felt great leaving there, knowing things were shaping up for me after all.
I spent Saturday afternoon, taking small items to the condo, and then I went to pick up the moving truck. Now, I have a fear for driving big things so imagine my stress at driving a big moving truck on the windiest day of the month! I did it though, and didn’t get one scratch on it! I am so proud of myself for that!
Well Krypt came through for me (guess he is trying to score points with me) and he brought along his buddies who asked him repeatedly, why he hasn't married me yet. (LOL). After they were done, I thanked them and offered to pay them but they said Krypt was going to pay them, which means he is going to expect payment from me, in coochie currency, I’m sure.
I am exhausted but extremely happy and proud of myself. As girlie as I am, I can get dirty when I have to. I am woman hear me ROAR!
I was so proud of myself for doing everything in 3 days, especially since I had done NO planning for this move. I am anal when it comes to planning things of this magnitude. I have to know an itinerary, people contacted, money allotted. This time, due to a huge project for class, little pre-planning effort was put into this move and by Friday at 4 I was FREAKING OUT! Nobody I called Thursday to request their truck called me back, I had not reserved a moving truck, and I was not even able to tell the friends who were offering to help me what time and where I needed help!
Ok so after being calmed down by Kendeezy, I focused on plan B. I called Krypt! Now, he does not have a great track record for reliability with me, so the anxiety I had for the move didn’t completely dissipate, but at least he agreed to help me and bring friends. During the conversation Krypt said he thinks we need to “work on us” so we can go ahead and start planning a wedding. (how we get on this topic is beyond me).
So with a somewhat confirmed moving crew, I proceeded to get a truck, for the next day with NO reservation. I walk in to a Public Storage office and this really sweet married couple was working there. The husband noticed my Alabama license plate (yea I am riding dirty since ’99!) and he said he was from Alabama too. Well, not only did he turn out to be from my home state, he actually grew up in my parent’s neighborhood, attended the same high school as my mom and dad! He knew my grandmother and grandfather too! What a small world. They hooked me up with a reservation and the wife even got a reduction on the truck rental using my insurance card. I felt great leaving there, knowing things were shaping up for me after all.
I spent Saturday afternoon, taking small items to the condo, and then I went to pick up the moving truck. Now, I have a fear for driving big things so imagine my stress at driving a big moving truck on the windiest day of the month! I did it though, and didn’t get one scratch on it! I am so proud of myself for that!
Well Krypt came through for me (guess he is trying to score points with me) and he brought along his buddies who asked him repeatedly, why he hasn't married me yet. (LOL). After they were done, I thanked them and offered to pay them but they said Krypt was going to pay them, which means he is going to expect payment from me, in coochie currency, I’m sure.
I am exhausted but extremely happy and proud of myself. As girlie as I am, I can get dirty when I have to. I am woman hear me ROAR!
Add a comment