web statistics

« Home | White Picket Fences » | She's Got The Look » | Dazed Diva » | Sexual Life » | Bossy Beloved » | The Greatest Novel Ever Written » | B.S. I LOVE YOU » | Soul Food » | Penis Patrol » | Metro-Asexual » 

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Monday, August 15, 2005 

50/50

My weekend was 50% work and 50% play. It's crunch time at my job so I had to be in the office for most of the weekend. I did manage to have SOME fun, thankfully so it wasn't all work.

Friday I FINALLY met X!! Me, X and Brown Suga all met up for drinks after work. I met Brown Sugar earlier this summer, and she was just as nice as the first time. It was so cool to hang out with these beautiful, HILARIOUS, smart women. I actually laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Whoo boi! I can't even remember what we laughed the hardest about but between us all swapping stories, one-liners, and witty responses it literally made my day and was the perfect beginning to my weekend. I just have to say that Brown Suga is extremely smart and driven, and talented, as evidenced by her blog. I can't wait till she writes her book so I can say I knew her!

As for the most Xquizzyt1 she really is cool. as. shit. She is almost like a damn enigma because she is sitting there talking all cool and laid back, and the next minute she has used some big ass word and said something so profound, and then she flips it back to cool and laid back. So you are sitting there like, hold up...did she just? *smh* I had a great time hanging with those cool chicks and I would love to meet up again. Good times!


Saturday was spent in the office (grrr) then I went to a Pure Romance party. There were some lovely ladies there and the hostess was fabulous! She had food, games, and a presentation for the products. I had to leave early but not before I bought some much needed *ahem* items. LOL. For about a milli-sec I was sitting there thinking it would be nice to shop for couple items but..then I remembered, Sasha is living in no man's land, so it is up to me, and me alone to move her to Fantasy Island. LOL!! It's all good though. I will certainly be relishing in the new products *wink*

After that party, I hightailed it to Eclipse de Luna because my play cousin Keith was celebrating his birthday this week. I got there ON time, representing for the divas, LOL. Keith was laid back cool, as usual. He seemed to be having a great time, surrounded by his folks, so I was soo glad I made it. His girlfriend is sooo sweet, and cool, and pretty! They just look made for each other, aww! I appreciated her inviting me because I haven't had a chance to see Cousin KEIF in a long time. His crew were mostly FAMU alum and they were all really nice. We had a nice time and the food was pretty good. I had a mohijto that was strong enough to stop at one. I got to see one of my super Star sista friends. She looked fabulous, as usual, and she seems to be dealing with a lot of things that I just went through. It was sort of comforting to know that I wasn't the only one dealing with confused feelings. It reminded me that sometimes we all go through changes, and as long as you remain true to yourself, you should be alright. There was also another friend of ours that came through, Mr. Str8 Shooter, whom I haven't seen in awhile. It was really great to see both of them. After Keith's party, I was tired! I had worked all day so I took it on home and crashed. Then went back in the office and worked all day (grrr!)

All in all my weekend was 50/50. But the 50% that was play was fabulous!

Random Vixen tagged me for a meme and I was so busy with my new writing gigs that I had not read up on my favorite blogs. I am all caught up and of course I missed some great blog topics/discussions. The Kajuana Show, as usual, is the one that really made me feel like I missed out. I have to remember to MAKE time to stop and read her blog because you miss one day, and the comments start rolling, and then you have a lot to catch up on!

I will do the meme tomorrow. ...this is one tired diva, signing off. Thanks for ALL your support, encouraging words, and cheering me on. It felt GREAT and I won't ever forget it. You guys are the best!


« Home | White Picket Fences » | She's Got The Look » | Dazed Diva » | Sexual Life » | Bossy Beloved » | The Greatest Novel Ever Written » | B.S. I LOVE YOU » | Soul Food » | Penis Patrol » | Metro-Asexual »

Monday, August 15, 2005

50/50

My weekend was 50% work and 50% play. It's crunch time at my job so I had to be in the office for most of the weekend. I did manage to have SOME fun, thankfully so it wasn't all work.

Friday I FINALLY met X!! Me, X and Brown Suga all met up for drinks after work. I met Brown Sugar earlier this summer, and she was just as nice as the first time. It was so cool to hang out with these beautiful, HILARIOUS, smart women. I actually laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Whoo boi! I can't even remember what we laughed the hardest about but between us all swapping stories, one-liners, and witty responses it literally made my day and was the perfect beginning to my weekend. I just have to say that Brown Suga is extremely smart and driven, and talented, as evidenced by her blog. I can't wait till she writes her book so I can say I knew her!

As for the most Xquizzyt1 she really is cool. as. shit. She is almost like a damn enigma because she is sitting there talking all cool and laid back, and the next minute she has used some big ass word and said something so profound, and then she flips it back to cool and laid back. So you are sitting there like, hold up...did she just? *smh* I had a great time hanging with those cool chicks and I would love to meet up again. Good times!


Saturday was spent in the office (grrr) then I went to a Pure Romance party. There were some lovely ladies there and the hostess was fabulous! She had food, games, and a presentation for the products. I had to leave early but not before I bought some much needed *ahem* items. LOL. For about a milli-sec I was sitting there thinking it would be nice to shop for couple items but..then I remembered, Sasha is living in no man's land, so it is up to me, and me alone to move her to Fantasy Island. LOL!! It's all good though. I will certainly be relishing in the new products *wink*

After that party, I hightailed it to Eclipse de Luna because my play cousin Keith was celebrating his birthday this week. I got there ON time, representing for the divas, LOL. Keith was laid back cool, as usual. He seemed to be having a great time, surrounded by his folks, so I was soo glad I made it. His girlfriend is sooo sweet, and cool, and pretty! They just look made for each other, aww! I appreciated her inviting me because I haven't had a chance to see Cousin KEIF in a long time. His crew were mostly FAMU alum and they were all really nice. We had a nice time and the food was pretty good. I had a mohijto that was strong enough to stop at one. I got to see one of my super Star sista friends. She looked fabulous, as usual, and she seems to be dealing with a lot of things that I just went through. It was sort of comforting to know that I wasn't the only one dealing with confused feelings. It reminded me that sometimes we all go through changes, and as long as you remain true to yourself, you should be alright. There was also another friend of ours that came through, Mr. Str8 Shooter, whom I haven't seen in awhile. It was really great to see both of them. After Keith's party, I was tired! I had worked all day so I took it on home and crashed. Then went back in the office and worked all day (grrr!)

All in all my weekend was 50/50. But the 50% that was play was fabulous!

Random Vixen tagged me for a meme and I was so busy with my new writing gigs that I had not read up on my favorite blogs. I am all caught up and of course I missed some great blog topics/discussions. The Kajuana Show, as usual, is the one that really made me feel like I missed out. I have to remember to MAKE time to stop and read her blog because you miss one day, and the comments start rolling, and then you have a lot to catch up on!

I will do the meme tomorrow. ...this is one tired diva, signing off. Thanks for ALL your support, encouraging words, and cheering me on. It felt GREAT and I won't ever forget it. You guys are the best!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

11 comments

Add a comment